Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Big Update

So, the day has finally come. Rob was laid off last Friday. We were expecting it, especially since the program he was a part of was cancelled last month. We just feel so blessed that we made it through the first three or four layoffs and were able to get baby Jack here on insurance. Since the job market here in Wichita is generally in the aviation industry and there are hundreds of Engineers that have been laid off at Cessna alone, we have decided to abandon our journey in Kansas. We have very mixed feelings and aren't burning any bridges here in Wichita, so who knows. In the meantime, we are heading back to Arizona to live with Rob's mom (bless her heart) while looking for another job. We are presently packing up and plan to be there by the end of the week. In other news, Jack is 4 weeks old and getting bigger by the minute. I can't believe how time flies. We have a fun few weeks planned, hitting two family reunions, one for each side of the family. I hope to keep updating on our Summer, but if I fail to, it is only because we are literally on the road until mid July. Hope all is well with our family and friends. As for the Parry family, we are just finding "Joy in the Journey".

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Teri, I hope everything works out for you guys. That has got to be scary!!! I'll be thinking of you guys!

Andrea said...

Sorry to hear about Rob. I know exactly how you feel. Jeff is an Electrician and has been layed off a couple times since we have been married. We plan for it and put money away and I work full time to keep our health benefits, etc. Otherwise I would definitley be working part time. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope Rob gets a job soon. GOOD LUCK!!!!


ps.... your baby is adorable.

Monica said...

Wow, I'm sorry. Your post today made me cry. It may be because I am an emotional wreck. But I think that it was really because I was so impressed with your strength and positive attitude in what must be a difficult time. I will keep you and the family in my thoughts.

Jennifer Pfaff said...

Teri- I love your good attitude!! What a wonderful support you must be for Rob, and a wonderful example for your children. It is so good for them to see that even in difficult times we can find "joy in the journey!

Bonny said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Rob's job. This economy stinks! Vegas has been hit pretty hard and we are trying to hang in there ourselves.
I'm glad that you get to be by family again! I'm sure that will help a bit! :) Good luck on the move back and have fun at your reunions! :)