Thursday, January 29, 2009

Good News - Bad News

A lot of you know that we have been awaiting news if Rob was going to be one of the 2,000 Cessna employees affected by layoffs. Well, today we finally got the good news: we are safe. For now. The bad news (which WAY overshadows the good news) is that this morning Cessna announced that they are laying off 2,000 more in the coming months. We have said from the beginning that if we made it through this layoff, that we would not survive the next. I just didn't think the next one would be announced so soon. We obviously don't want to lose our job, but as long as we can have insurance for when the baby comes, I will feel better. Now, I am not so sure that will happen. Thanks Cessna for not cutting us off yet, but please don't string us along longer than you have to. My stomach can't take it.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I am glad to here the news was good so far!

Andrea said...

I'm hoping the best for you and cute family, Jeff has been layed off before (electrical industry) and it is a hard situation. I'm wishing you all the luck. Congrats on your 4th baby!!