Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Kansas = Sunflowers

I thought that I would start sharing some things that we are learning about Kansas, so our friends and family could experience some of our discoveries with us. The first is this: before we moved here, I found out that Kansas is the Sunflower State. I admit that having the sunflower represent where I would live was one of the few positive aspects of moving here. (Sorry, Rob.) I love sunflowers. They remind me of my Grandpa Francom, who grew huge sunflowers in his garden every year. (The kind that produce the seeds we eat.) I also love the feeling they project. Anything with the word sun in it warms up the room. (Okay...maybe not sunburn.) So, upon moving here, I now fully understand why this is the Sunflower State.They use the sunflower in EVERYTHING here. From their state flag,

to welcoming you,

to their sporting events,

and even in the police logo. You literally see them scattered on the side of almost every road, even in town. So, if their is ever a place that you could get sick of them, we have found it. Lucky for me that I love them.

No comments: