Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Shark Boy!




Caleb turned 4 on August 12th. Bless his heart! I feel so bad that it was such an anti-climatic event. He has been begging for a shark cake for weeks. However, after searching the booming metropolis that is Wichita, I came up empty handed. So, I had to improvise. It is very evident that my High School Cooking class should have spent a little longer on cake decorating. At least Caleb was pleased with the end result. That is all that matters, right. We started the day off with Caleb's favorite breakfast: German pancakes with strawberries. He would eat them everyday for all three meals, if I let him. After that we went to the kid's science museum called the Exploration Place, where Caleb settled in playing with, can you guess....the trains. That night we threw a little family party where he was able to open his gifts and have cake/ice cream. I think it turned out for him, and at least we weren't still in the hotel.

No comments: